Saturday 7 March 2009

Making your own oat milk

As you know by now, I am up for everything and anything I can do at home by myself. Sometimes I wonder why we choose to buy certain products in the shops when we can make our own better at home. We save the journey to the shop (the distance and the time), at home it ends up being cheaper, and fresher, and also more natural, you know exactly what your recipe contains and there is no artificial colouring or big amounts of sugar, salt, saturated fats or any other dodgy stuff.

Usually we prefer to make our own milk and we try with different and healthy possibilities. Today I decided to post our recipe for oat milk, I might include other milk recipes in later posts.

In the same way as the bread, making your own oat milk is dead easy, quick and inexpensive.

Ingredients:
4 cups of cold water
2 cups of previously cooked oats
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 pinch of cinnamon

Preparation:
Place everything in a blender and mix it well until perfectly smooth. Put in the fridge to cool down. Shake well before using

Note: you can add as well 1 banana to the mixture, and/or sugar or sweetener to taste, both ingredients are optional, but you might want to try them. I would advice to try one or the other, as both together give a very sweet milk as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment